Tuesday, February 9, 2010


I keep getting brilliant ideas and forgetting them because I don't write them down...Simply put: I forgot; I have forgotten; I had forgotten; I was forgetting; I forget and probably I will forget. That is because I don't have an I Touch. If I had an I Touch, I could record my thoughts immediately...but I don't have an I touch. Actually, I planned to buy a Mac this week but no one would sell me one. I went to Future shop. They had a deal - twenty-four interest free months. It was a good deal. Future shop could afford to make the deal because they had no intention of selling anyone a computer. Future shop has a door into the back. Whenever I made eye contact with a salesman, he would dart into the back.
A very nice young young girl said that she wished she could help me, but she didn't know about Macs. She even got on the loudspeaker to ask someone to come to the computer section. No one came. She suggested that I go and arrange for a Future Card whilst she found someone.
I tried, but they needed two ID's with pictures. My bus pass wouldn't do. When I came back, the young girl was gone.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I didn't want to buy a computer from a place where everyone hid when they saw you coming.
I bought Brainage for my Nintendo DC instead. That was a savings of about $1400. I told the girl at the counter that I wanted to buy a Mac but no one would sell me one. Perhaps I was too old? If so, I could exercise my brain and prove that I could still use a computer.
It's a plan...but I'll probably forget!
The picture of the square white cat in the black pansy? That's mine. Not bad for someone who...forgets!

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture because the cat has this look - aware, wary yet in charge; 'It's my house, goll-darnit! Camera-totting intruder trying to take my picture alla time - I'll show her! I'll - I'll - I'll pose! That'll show her, fersher!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,
    Try the Apple Store for that Mac. There's one downtown, at Fairview and at Carrefour Laval. They are very cool stores. And, the sales people know Macs. And they have the "Genius Bar" where you get 15 minutes of free genius time by just booking in advance. It's like a field trip that you don't have to run by governing board.... P. T.

    ReplyDelete