Sunday, January 9, 2011


Post number three out of nine! I know - I'm cheating! This is all in one day...but the game is...to catch up. I'm also cheating because this is last year's picture. We don't have that much snow yet. But the theme is stillness. The mission of Yan Martel: "For as long as Stephen Harper is Prime Minister of Canada, I vow to send him every two weeks, mailed on Monday, a book that has been known to expand stillness. That book will be inscribed and will be accompanied by a letter I will have written. I will faithfully report on every new book, every inscription, every letter, and any response I might get from the prime minister on this website." The website is: http://www.whatisstephenharperreading.ca Mr. Harper has been if nothing else silent...but the collection of books is fascinating. I am embarrassed at how few I have read.

1 comment:

  1. Until now, I knew very very little about Yann Martel. Having browsed the website, I now think I like him very much.....

    ReplyDelete