Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ah...at last I have an inspiration. This blog is not about petunias...it is about...patchouli oil! Last night a visitor commented on the smell of weed in the hall...I didn't smell weed...
Today I mentioned it to my neighbour and she said that yes...there had been a strong smell since new people moved in...and that when I discovered that weed does not smell of patchouli oil! Weed smells of weed! the patchouli oil is just a cover up...I taught all through the 60's and 70's and I could recognize a kid who was stoned...but...I didn't recognize the smell...
And I was reminded of yet another learning curve. At ten when kids were being silly and cute, someone asked me if my belly button was an insy or outsy and I replied, "An insy of course!" She moved on but what she didn't realize was that it wasn't until I was eleven that I discovered through literature handed out to me by mother without comment that...intercourse does not take place through the navel...I will be forever grateful for the creative gene pool inherited through my parents but in day to day matters they were really quite inept...although they obviously knew how intercourse took place...they just didn't think it was necessary to tell me. There was no Puritanical base...they were just..."artists!.

No comments:

Post a Comment