Thursday, October 22, 2009

Three points to be made:
I watch television. I am not ashamed. From the day I saw the coronation of the Queen in black and white, I have watched television. I saw a beautiful clip the other day. Somewhere in England a ballet company is building a new space. The floor has to be spring loaded. The construction workers became fascinated in the process and were so involved that they decided half as a lark and half seriously to take some lessons and do a charity show. The clip was of the teacher showing them the basic moves as they understood the dynamics of the floor. They were skeptical but they were not mocking the process.
At St. John the Devine they had a blessing of the animals. We're not talking just family pets...we're talking exotic animals. When the priest was asked how they handle the situation, he responded, "We place them in order of who won't eat whom!
And finally my friend Sheila's comment at the end of a particularly challenging day: "Another day, another pile of dust."

3 comments:

  1. Genesis 7 (1) And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house in the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. (2) Of every clean beast thou shalt take of thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. (3) Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth. (3-1/2) And permit not the falcon to near the hare lest the one ingest the other. (4) For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights;....

    * The inclusion of (3-1/2) in the translation has been contentious since publication, with some maintaining it was "written in" by a disgruntled monastic rabbit-raiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't...thought of that...says she obtusely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like ballroom dancing shows...

    ReplyDelete