Thursday, September 2, 2010


One of my favourite writers when I was teaching was Richard Brautigan...he was so light and so profound...he made me smile and nod and I used to give him to my students to play with...
It's so nice
to wake up in the morning all alone
and not have to tell someone
you love them
when you don't love them anymore.
It's so nice
to wake up in the morning all alone
and realize that it was just a dream
and your kitchen is not filled with garbage...
It's so nice
to wake up in the morning and know
that you do not have to go anywhere
or do anything...
Fortunately my students were much cleverer than I am...my efforts are very trying...

1 comment:

  1. I remember this particular selection of Brautigan's! 26 years later, no less. I enjoyed it immensely at the time. And even more now. Now I'm sure to lose a few hours googling him and reading more. But I suppose 'lose' is the wrong word. 'Invest' may be more appropriate. Thanks, Mach!

    ReplyDelete