Thursday, January 14, 2016

I colour my hair. There - it's not a confession...it is obvious...it is a fact. I'm not trying to hide my age...I just like the colour! Tomorrow I am going to my hairdresser to colour my hair and do my toenails. The latter is a product of doing Yoga. One does Yoga in bare feet...that is not pretty...

Yesterday a young, pregnant woman, gave me that look. I know it - "Miss Machin? You taught me!"
I have been out of the classroom for...5 years...no...make that 15...no 18 years! And yes, I got her name -it came to me! Jennie! (She was a red head - that helped.) I even remembered her writing. Sometimes I can't remember what I did the day before...but I remember my students' writing from twenty year's ago!

You haven't changed, Miss Machin! I knew you immediately.

And that is why I am going to thank my hair dresser tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Pat, this photo looks like a Madonna and child. It is beautiful beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, this photo looks like a Madonna and child. It is beautiful beyond words.

    ReplyDelete