Thursday, September 15, 2011



I making plans to create an appropriate box for my brain...

Yesterday as a volunteer I addressed envelopes using a mailing list that did not have postal codes and had the name of at least one deceased on it.

I offended the group a while back when I said that volunteering was easy as long as one left one brains at home...

But I had to come home, reinstall my brains, and with the help of Canada 411 find all but six of the postal codes on the mailing list. I very much wonder if said six were deceased also...

I am being glib but I do know how hard it is when someone one loves has died and mail keeps coming in for him or her.

The day after my father died, we received a well-meaning chain letter suggesting that if he prayed three times and turned in a circle four times and sent said letter on ten other people, he would go to heaven. If not, he would go to hell.

Naturally it was anonymous...someone out there buying some time in heaven...but I really wanted to find them and say: Is it too late?

Now with emails such letters are no longer anonymous. I never ever do what they say but I do worry that by not doing what they say I might be jeopardizing my afterlife...

And that's why I want to make a beautifully padded box for my brains for when I am not using them or need to leave them at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment