Saturday, September 17, 2011

The point of this blog is to catch hold of ideas before I forget them...and that is a challenge in itself. I sometimes forget the ideas just before writing them down...
The other reason for blogging is the vehicle for photographs ...otherwise, I just have...photographs fading on my computer.
I have a friend who is one of the first women ministers ordained in the United Church of Canada. I think she was #68. She is serving at the moment as chair of presbytery and in that position was invited to take part in the installation of two Catholic axillary bishops at Mary Queen of the World cathedral. She robed and joined the line up of robed priests taking part in the ceremony. She was of course the only woman.
Now here's where I would take liberties in the story telling. As she tells it, she slipped and fell and was rescued by the priests around her just as she entered the aisle. I would wait until she was half way up the aisle and describe her rescue as being much more dramatic. She would be pulled to her feet by six robed priests and at least one arch-bishop!
That's the manipulating of a story. One stretches the fact for the sake of the fiction.
The cat in this picture is Liam O'Leary. I feel guilty for not photographing him too often but the problem is that a black cat is not easy to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment