Tuesday, January 24, 2012




I know - I promised myself that in January I would start honing down...There's always that question: What if...It started with: What if I had to suddenly move (I'm being euphemistic.) and...who would appreciate my Christmas tree ornaments? I think there might be a fight over my Christmas tree ornaments...But what of the other bits and pieces. I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy anything new save for an e-reader...but what happens if someone gives me another piece of glass? Could I refuse a hand-blown piece of glass? A perfume bottle in the shape of a cat? Of course not! And that e-reader - would that mean that I would stop collecting books? Of course not! If I did that I could no longer make connections between the poetry of my principal and the wonderful book by Sharon Creech called Love that Dog. It opens with: I don't understand the poem about the red wheelbarrow and the white chickens and why so much depends upon them...


That book should be in everybody's library.


No comments:

Post a Comment