Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why not? Yesterday it was green berries...today...the obvious!

I was with a group last night. We are of an age where we are dealing with or have dealt with aging parents. I have a line up of three friends who are to tell me when I should go into a seniors' home. One is a knock over - I would ask her first. (Is it time yet?) She's just too nice. Alas, the other two are not so easy! And unfortunately they have gotten together to discuss me...or so they say...
The problem is that any of  us who have been through the situation know that it is important to make such a decision before we have to.
I just found this email bit...

The Bathtub Test

During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not an older person should be put in an old age home?"
"Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the bathtub."
"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it is bigger than the spoon or the teacup."
"No" he said. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

No comments:

Post a Comment