Thursday, August 19, 2010


First a segue...I still remember chaperoning a school dance and having one of my senior students dance by and call out, "Hey Mach - my mother would be proud of all those years in classical ballet!"

I don't think her mother had tumbling around in a dark room in mind.

And now I can say, my mother would be proud of the time she spent taking me to the down town YWCA so that I could learn to swim on the end of a pole...for what seemed liked years...I never swam competitively but that I blame on my grandmother's penchant for tailoring. She insisted on hand sewing my bathing suits...fashioned after sundress patterns...created with pure linen with a cotton lining. I sank to the bottom every time I entered the pool!

All of which is to say that I will do everything not to clean my apartment including (and this is how extreme it was) trying on my 20 year old bathing suit. It fits! It's not a pretty sight...but I have a bathing suit.

Obviously the above is a picture of the cottage I am going to...since said cottage is outside of Huntsville they did have visitors during the G-8!



No comments:

Post a Comment