Sunday, January 19, 2014

Nothing is how I want it...but what can one expect from someone who just took down her Christmas tree?

I will never be a motivational speaker...alas...a year and a bit ago, I was with a group...talking...the final task...my creation...that each person send herself a Christmas card with a significant question...to be mailed by me a year later.

I am not good at mailing stuff so it was more than a year later that I mailed said cards.

I knew the question on my card: Have you let it go?
I knew the answer: No...I still chew...on stuff!
My friend asked me in passing if I knew anything about the Christmas card she had gotten in the mail with her own handwriting on it!
She'd forgotten the task completely.
She couldn't understand why she had sent herself a card with the question: Are you still making Moroccan dips?
That wasn't the point of the exercise....the question was supposed to be profound...
But I did let go! I actually laughed. I didn't try to explain.
I have officially resigned as motivational speaker!

I'd rather like to be at the sea.

I think my next question will be: Did you get to the sea? There's more hope for that than letting it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment